#1 He-Man How could you not love this show. Perhaps I spent too much time with my cousins Mike and Jeff as a little kid, but I had all of the He-Man action figures. For my second birthday all I asked for was Battle Cat to go along with my several He-Man figurines. I think for my 3rd birthday I finally asked for She-Ra. My mom is still upset that her only child (at the time) was asking for "boy toys" for her birthday!
#2 Cabbage Patch Kids- Is it wrong that I still have most of my old Dolls in the basement (for your own protection, please never ask TJ about the doll boxes in our basement) or that I am honestly contemplating asking my mom to buy me the 25th anniversary edition doll for Christmas?
Ok I'll be honest. I got one of these for Christmas from my mom 2 years ago.... and I had asked for it!
Ok I'll be honest. I got one of these for Christmas from my mom 2 years ago.... and I had asked for it!#3 Strawberry Shortcake- How can you not like a girl that is your Berry Best Friend? Again, I will admit that i still have all of my shortcake and friends dolls including their strawberry carrying case. They still of strawberries and blueberries too!
#4 Care Bears- Hey, I even got Grandma Betty into buying the little plastic figurines. Need I say more? Every Christmas season I have to watch Care Bears Nutcracker Suite. Who needs A Christmas Story when you have these bears?

#5 My Little Pony-another 25 year old toy. We had boxes of Ponies. I remember my mom would go to the store and only come home with one pony. Well, with Megan and I close in age, one of us couldn't have something that the other didn't have. That just created cry fests. So if my mom bought just one of something they were "mom's ponies" and we would have to ask her permission to play with them. I honestly believed that she really liked ponies enough to buy them for herself. I'm sure you can imagine my shock to find out later in life it was just a front to avoid buying 2 at a time!



7 comments:
Good call, however I think you omitted rainbow bright abd smurfs... whats the deal! Thanks for FINALLY posting again!
It's about 'fricken time you posted something new.
I remember you wanting Battle Cat and it did make your mom a little perterbed! I do agree with Meg you were into Rainbow Bright. Everything else though you nailed.
If you think you're old...guess how I'm feeling 'cause I was your babysitter, which means I'm even older.
I'm wishing you a happy birhtday early. I hope to get a card in the mail today.(no promises)
Love you to death (even if you are old!)
Hooray, your back! I was a neglected child as I'm sure T.J. mentions (about our childhood) all the time. I only had my little ponies and Barbies. Izzy has a cabbage patch doll. I love how all of it's coming back!! And happy birthday. We will be in St. George this weekend and then we'll stop by next week.
I have all my old dolls in the basement too. Can I come over and play Strawberry Shortcake with you?
I love that you keep all your old dolls. My mom keep some but all the grandkids got to them so they are not the same. I want to get a Cabbage Patch Kid for Ella. GOod job on finally updating too :)
I bought Madie one of the premie cabbage patch dolls and I think I love it more. =0)
i still have my cabbage patch kids in the garage.
Post a Comment