So this is how we spent our 4th of July.. actually we did have a rather enjoyable day, just not such a great night! We spent the night before up at the cabin and then hit the Brighton breakfast first thing in the morning. Then we went with my aunt and uncle and too
We obviously had to call a tow truck and it only took him about an hour and a half to get it out. He said there were 3 options the first would to be to take it from the front to try not to damage the bottom of the car, but it would destroy the back bumper- second was to try to lift it straight up but that would damage both sides of the car or third was to drag it backwards and hope that it didn't leave mo
st of the undercarriage in the ditch. so we decided to do just that. The tires blocked the water in the ditch so that it turned into a huge mud bath. We had to lay boards behind the wheel to even have a chance of getting any traction. Then the dirt was so soft that when the tow truck would try to pull my car, it would just pull his truck down the mountain. So what is the lesson I learned? Its better to risk popping your tire on some wood than to end up with your car high centered on the edge of a ditch... What did TJ learn? don't let your wife drive!
7 comments:
My goodness what an adventure. Well at least you weren't stranded on an off road by yourselfs or on a very busy road. Glad no one was hurt. That will make for a memory you'll never forget!
Hee, Hee. I'm so excited you guys have a blog. Elliot's family is a little lame and never updates there blogs so I don't think some of them know our blog exists. Oh well...I'll just keep scrapbooking and posting them. I can picture T.J. now after you drove the car in the ditch. I'm sure it wasn't pretty!!
I love it!!! Ben would've been so mad at me! :)
When we goin'?
I'm so glad your car and you are safe and unharmed! I'm also glad you can already laugh and blog about it! What a trooper!
That bites, I am sorry I missed all of the comotion!!
I am laughing out loud right now! That is such a me thing to do--all of it actually the driving part the laughing at the window part and the texting a photoing part. Most of all the never letting you live this down...EVER!
This is so hilarious! How much damage was there? Hope you had AAA!
Post a Comment