So I have to appoligize for the neglect of my blog. I do realize that no one really cared about a new fridge, and especially not a whole months worth of it on the blog. but in my own defense i have lost the cable for my camera. I do have some really cool pictures to post, but for now they are stuck. Luckily my grandma took pictures of my mom's birthday party. It actually was quite a big deal, but it took going to Costco and having them burn me a CD to get these pictures becasue she deleted them once she had her prints made. (No, I will never scan pictures to get them digital...too hard!!) So with that said, let me tell you about the joyous events of my mother's 50th Birthday! Going back about 6 months, My sister Megan had told m
y mom that she would come in town from Ohio for her bday, but then we got talking and decided it would be fun to have her a surprise party. and while we going to surprise her we thought it would be a grand idea to tell her that megan couldnt come, and then have her show up at the party. So my mom spent the last 3 or 4 months pouting because megan didnt want to be here for her birthday. it was perfect! Meg got here on fathers day and then spent the entire week after that with Bretts family. Then that next saturday i picked her up from her inlaws to go in search of the perfect box that we could litterally wrap her and brett in. We found a fridge box at Lowes. It only took us about an hour to get this thing strapped onto the top of my
car.
we had people laughing at us and and one man even said he figured out why 2 girls would strap and empty box to their car... we had found the perfect way to pick up on guys. Well I guess if that had been our intentions it was actually a good idea... if we wanted the type of guys that hang around Lowes parking lot on saturday mornings. There was a car full of guys (i dont think its PC to say their nationality butt could you guess?) waiting around for someone to hire out their labor- and they all got out and undid all of our ties and re-tied the entire thing. These are bad pics and i have no idea how we didnt get a picture of the box, but here it is on the car and then you can see my uncle Greg holding the lid with the balloons tied to it. It was pretty awesome!
y mom that she would come in town from Ohio for her bday, but then we got talking and decided it would be fun to have her a surprise party. and while we going to surprise her we thought it would be a grand idea to tell her that megan couldnt come, and then have her show up at the party. So my mom spent the last 3 or 4 months pouting because megan didnt want to be here for her birthday. it was perfect! Meg got here on fathers day and then spent the entire week after that with Bretts family. Then that next saturday i picked her up from her inlaws to go in search of the perfect box that we could litterally wrap her and brett in. We found a fridge box at Lowes. It only took us about an hour to get this thing strapped onto the top of my
car.we had people laughing at us and and one man even said he figured out why 2 girls would strap and empty box to their car... we had found the perfect way to pick up on guys. Well I guess if that had been our intentions it was actually a good idea... if we wanted the type of guys that hang around Lowes parking lot on saturday mornings. There was a car full of guys (i dont think its PC to say their nationality butt could you guess?) waiting around for someone to hire out their labor- and they all got out and undid all of our ties and re-tied the entire thing. These are bad pics and i have no idea how we didnt get a picture of the box, but here it is on the car and then you can see my uncle Greg holding the lid with the balloons tied to it. It was pretty awesome!
My dad told my mom that they were going out to dinner for her birthday with grandma joani. so
they went over to Joani's house to pick her up to go to dinner. then my dad tricked my mom into coming into the house by telling her that something was wrong with grandpa Blai
ne. the he handed her his cell phone and told her to call me to have TJ come over and give him a blessing. You see, this was all planned to the very last detail... the cell phone kept her distracted as she walked into the house so that she wouldnt notice that grandmas house wasnt perfectly clean as usual and that there was food in the kitchen. so she just stood in front of the doorway where we were all stainging to surprise her trying to figure out how to use dads cell phone. So everyone
finally just yelled surprise and she about fell over onto the kitchen counter. After she said her hello's to just about everyone, I told her that I had her birthday gift (as if she couldnt see a 5
foot box in the room) and she needed to open it right now. She climbed up onto a step stool and pulled off the lid with the balloons on it. Then meg and brett popped their heads up and yelled surprise! My mom then fell off the step stool and I literally had to catch her and held her for atleast a minute before she could get it in her legs to stand again. It was so funny. yet i was crying at the same time. We had great food and great company. Hopefully mom will remember this for the next 50 years because I dont think we will be ableto pull something like this over on her for quite a while!
Here are some random pics of they joyous celebrations!

ne. the he handed her his cell phone and told her to call me to have TJ come over and give him a blessing. You see, this was all planned to the very last detail... the cell phone kept her distracted as she walked into the house so that she wouldnt notice that grandmas house wasnt perfectly clean as usual and that there was food in the kitchen. so she just stood in front of the doorway where we were all stainging to surprise her trying to figure out how to use dads cell phone. So everyonefinally just yelled surprise and she about fell over onto the kitchen counter. After she said her hello's to just about everyone, I told her that I had her birthday gift (as if she couldnt see a 5
foot box in the room) and she needed to open it right now. She climbed up onto a step stool and pulled off the lid with the balloons on it. Then meg and brett popped their heads up and yelled surprise! My mom then fell off the step stool and I literally had to catch her and held her for atleast a minute before she could get it in her legs to stand again. It was so funny. yet i was crying at the same time. We had great food and great company. Hopefully mom will remember this for the next 50 years because I dont think we will be ableto pull something like this over on her for quite a while!Here are some random pics of they joyous celebrations!













9 comments:
What a great party. I was in R.S when your mom announced the good news minute of having Meg in town for her b-day. It sounded like she loved the surprise. What a lucky mom!
Please tell me that it's Grandpa's green punch...see I kind of got a little choked up just reading about this party! Things like this I hate missing! I'm glad you guys had fun. Man, your mom looks like her sisters! I'm so glad we've moved on from the fridge!
That looks so fun and so perfect! I'm so happy to see a new post on your blog!! Cute pics!!
Ben's in school this month but we're up for the cabin in August if you are.
Looks Like a great party!!...AND IT WAS!! I am just still relived that we didi not give mom a heart attack jumping out of that box!!
yes that is grandpas green punch. he said his punch never looked fancier than it did in that fountain... honestly it looked a little scary... and slime like. but it was still good!!
Hey Amelia, I'm blog stocking, I found you off of Heidi's. It looks like the party was a great success. I don't think I could've pulled off a surprise like that, I would've told.
Hope your mom had a wonderful birthday! Looks like you guys threw her a great birthday party!
You guys are awesome! Way to go! Nice surprise. I would have been bawling the whole time. I got kind of teary when TJ told me about the plan at scout camp! I'm sure your Mom will never forget it! What a wonderful memory for everyone!
What fun! What a good duaghter you are! Your mom will definately remember this one! Looks like a blast.
Post a Comment