We have been without a fridge for about a week and a half. My horrible Kenmore that I bought only 5 years old broke down last week. I was leaving for work last week when I came into the kitchen i smelled electric burning. After an electric burning scare at our store a couple months ago I learned not to easliy brush aside such smells, but still I was late leaving so instead of figuring out what was wrong i just turned off all the breakers in the house. I figured that way i was less likely to come home to find my house in flames! Still it took me a couple more days to figure out the smell had been the fridge, and by then everything in there was a total loss. So today I broke down and bought a new one. It was a really hard thing for me to do because they are such boring things to buy and i definately can think of a million other things that i could buy with that kind of money! But it didnt match the rest of our appliances that are stainless, so we decided to replace it instead of getting it fixed. It will be delivered next week so that means I will no longer have any excuse to not cook. I have really enjoyed telling TJ that we just have to go out for dinner every night because I cant go grocery shopping without a fridge to put everything in.
So speaking of cooking.. Megan and I (well meg started it, but ill take it on myself to promote it) have a cooking blog page... see the side bar. I honestly do enjoy cooking -although it may not be any good- and Megan and I are always trying to find different recipes and ways to cook for only 2 people. So if any of you are interested in contributing to the blog, let me know and i will add you.
10 comments:
I wanna new fridge! That's a little scary to smell an electric fire in your house. Meffie needs to update her blog by the way!!!
Congrats, you are going to be needing that for all of the cooking that we are going to be doing!!!
I'm so excited that you have started a blog about cooking. I HATE cooking!! And cooking for two is so hard especially when you hate leftovers. :)But I try my best. I'm gonna check that out right now!
Congrats on the new fridge. Looks nice!
yes meffie does need to update. but then again, all we would end up with is posts like mine about broken appliances. At least hers have people in them!
How do I get my name on the cooking blog? Do I just have to post or do I have to do something special? I'm still such a rookie at this blogging thing
Okay already with the new fridge--something new please!!!
SERIOUSLY! Enough already!
Hey, love the new fridge! It is close to ours. I just used ribbon on the burp cloths. They were so easy!
Hi Amelia - It's Suzanne Hatch. I found your blog through Nicole's. I am jealous of your new fridge, we still have a nasty gold one from the 70's! I'm excited to be VT companions with you and get to know you better. If you'd like to check out my blog email me at suziehatch@yahoo.com and I will send you an invite.
Ummm...your fridge is really nice but can you give me somethin' else?
Post a Comment