Monday, February 15, 2010

Our little guy has arrived!!














Isaac James
Feb. 3rd 2:24 pm
6lbs 13 oz - 19.25 in


Its hard to believe our little guy is here!! He surprised us with an arrival 13 days early. In fact, I was so sure that I was not in labor we came pretty close to having an at home delivery!! I went into labor on the 2nd starting at about 6 am. The contractions grew stronger and more frequent as the day went on, but were completely inconsistent being anywhere from 4 min to 30 min apart. I googled "false labor" and found that everything I was experiencing (hot baths made it feel better, contractions never became consistent in their timing etc) pointed to false labor. I knew with 2 weeks still to go and this being my first child I would most likely have these labor pains for many more days to come. I went to the grocery store... clenching the cart with every contraction and then came home and continued putting the baby clothes in the dresser. By 11 pm TJ decided to call the hospital. They said what I had told him...see if a warm bath makes the contractions come further apart... CHECK... see if moving positions makes the intensity lessen... CHECK. So they suggested we stay at home and try to get a good night sleep. It turned out that I only slept about 25 minutes that night.. and that was while I was in the bath tub (since the tub made everything feel better!!) By about 6 that morning TJ decided he wasnt going to work since he hadn't slept listening to me pace around the house all night. Then by about 8 am I decided I had just about had it and we were going to the hospital.
Luckily for me I did get it and with just 3 pushes our little boy was here within 4 hours of arriving at the hospital.
I got really sick while at the hospital- so this is how I get to hold Isaac... face mask and all. My Dr. was worried I had bronchitis and started me on an antibiotic immediately. I feel so bad because I have tried so hard to keep him from getting sick, but failed. He doesn't have it quite as bad as I do, but its just heart breaking to see my 1 1/2 week old baby so sick!














Isaac has become a professional Skyper. He loves his grandma Barbara. She talks to him and tells him stories and he just sits and stares at her. The first few days home when I was really sick Isaac had a sleepover in her room every night.








9 comments:

Bee Happy Stamper said...

Could he look anymore like you?!?! Man, he's such a cutie! I bet your mom had a hard time leaving!
Enjoy this...I know it sounds trite but it really is over before you know it! Good grief I just bought Brittany a car!

Sorensen's said...

Oh he's so cute!!! Congratulations, what an exciting time! I'm with Heidi, it goes so fast-enjoy EVERY moment!

suz said...

He is so beautiful! What a story! I hope everyone is feeling better now! Congratulations!

Ben and Ash said...

Oh, Amelia! He is so cute. I want to hold him so bad! He is the perfect size. I'm glad things went well and you were able to get your epidural. ;) So happy for you and we have thought of you guys tons.
xoxo

Janis said...

Amelia - I am so happy for you. He is darling. Glad you updated your blog cuz I have been checking it everyday. How lucky you are to come early and not have to do the eternal wait. I am sure your mom is in heaven. There is nothing better than a new baby straight from heaven. Enjoy!! Love Aunt Janis

Kasey Jane said...

Congrats guys! He's precious! Can't wait til you guys come home so we can all hold him! :)

tannie said...

he's darling!

-Aunt Marianne

The Sorensen Family said...

Congrats! He is darling!! Hope mommy and baby are doing well. He is SO cute!

Kami said...

Yeah for pictures! Hope he's doing better. He is super cute....I never got a good look on Skype so I'm glad you posted pics!!