Isaac met his Great Grandma Betty and Grandpa Jim....
Great Grandma Rowell..........
Great Grandma Joani ......

Spence and Abby fought over who got to hold him the entire time. They are so cute!

Isaac also go to meet his two cousins Izzy and Deacon. Deacon is 3 months older than Isaac. They will have fun ripping up grandmas house together in a couple years!
Abby and Spence had prom while we were there. I had fun helping Abby get dressed and ready.


5 days after we got home from Utah, my sweet grandpa Blaine passed away. So within 7 days of leaving, we were back in Utah for the funeral. I was so glad to be able to go. The funeral was the friday before Easter, so we got to spend Easter with the fam, and we blessed Isaac while we were there (pictures of that soon!).
Spence and Abby fought over who got to hold him the entire time. They are so cute!
Isaac also go to meet his two cousins Izzy and Deacon. Deacon is 3 months older than Isaac. They will have fun ripping up grandmas house together in a couple years!
5 days after we got home from Utah, my sweet grandpa Blaine passed away. So within 7 days of leaving, we were back in Utah for the funeral. I was so glad to be able to go. The funeral was the friday before Easter, so we got to spend Easter with the fam, and we blessed Isaac while we were there (pictures of that soon!).
Here is a picture of Blaine probably about 20 years ago. I remember the day that I met him. I had just turned 6 and we were over at my grandmas house carving pumpkins and he came over. Since I was so young no one really told me upfront what was going on with him and my grandma. I did know one thing.. I didnt like the idea of there being someone else to take my grandma's attention! They were married the following January. I remember telling my mom afew months later that I didnt think that I would like having Blaine around, but it turned out that he was a pretty great guy and I like that my grandma was really happy! He has trully been a great grandpa and dad to my family and we will miss him terribly.
This is Blaine in June of 2008. He had been in bad health since April of 2005 when back surgery left him with a horrible staff infection. He was in the hospital for months and months and was left in a wheel chair. He made progress to use a walker to get himself from his wheel chair, to his stair elevator and to the restroom. But about 2 months after this photo was taken he went into a diabetic coma. Within a month he was given a week to live. They put him in a hospice care center expecting it to be a short stay. He amazed us all by living another 18 months.
I took Isaac to visit him right before we left Utah. This picture was taken 7 days before he passed away. He was so sweet. He looked at Isaac and said.. Oh I bet his grandma really likes him. Joani told him we were going to take some pictures so he needed to smile. So he smiled while we took a couple pictures. I then took the baby to change his diaper at the other end of the room. I looked back over and he was still just laying there smiling. It was sooo cute!

Joani with Blaine's 5 daughters.

Flowers from the Quorum of the Seventy presidency. (Blaine's daughter is married to Ron Rasband of the presidency)
It was so awesome to get to go back to Utah especially because Megan came too and got to meet Isaac!

Below: Sarah, Me, Abby and Megan. The funeral hadn't even started yet, but I had already cried off all of my eye makeup. Lovely!!!



Isaac got to meet his cousin Cade *name is probably subject to change!*. We watched the video of Megan's ultrasound. Quite impressive!

Sporting his Easter outfit...
The Easter Bunny found him at Grandmas house. Maybe next year he will get some candy.
Easter morning we headed over to Market Street for some delicious brunch. It was so much fun to spend time with all of my family (except Brett:() as well as Grandma Joain, my cousin Sarah, her husband BJ and little Braden as well as Sarah's brother Seth who I never see which is horrible of me to say since he does live in Missouri!!
This is Blaine in June of 2008. He had been in bad health since April of 2005 when back surgery left him with a horrible staff infection. He was in the hospital for months and months and was left in a wheel chair. He made progress to use a walker to get himself from his wheel chair, to his stair elevator and to the restroom. But about 2 months after this photo was taken he went into a diabetic coma. Within a month he was given a week to live. They put him in a hospice care center expecting it to be a short stay. He amazed us all by living another 18 months.
I took Isaac to visit him right before we left Utah. This picture was taken 7 days before he passed away. He was so sweet. He looked at Isaac and said.. Oh I bet his grandma really likes him. Joani told him we were going to take some pictures so he needed to smile. So he smiled while we took a couple pictures. I then took the baby to change his diaper at the other end of the room. I looked back over and he was still just laying there smiling. It was sooo cute!Joani with Blaine's 5 daughters.
Flowers from the Quorum of the Seventy presidency. (Blaine's daughter is married to Ron Rasband of the presidency)
Isaac got to meet his cousin Cade *name is probably subject to change!*. We watched the video of Megan's ultrasound. Quite impressive!
Sporting his Easter outfit...
1 comment:
Oh Amelia! He is just too darling in his argyle sweater vest!!!
Ben and I love you and are so sorry that we have missed you the past few times you have come to Utah!
xoxo
Post a Comment