UNIVERSITY OF UTAH CLASS OF 2008

So after 6 years of pain and suffering on my part TJ finally graduated from the U with his Masters in Finance. He wasnt too sure if he wanted to have to sit through the commencement ceremony, but I forced him to. I figured it would bring an official end to the last 6 years of work! It will be a huge adjustment not having TJ in school. With the exception of the 2 years on the mission, the entire 8 years i have known TJ he has been in school. What will I do with myself now that my husand comes home at 3pm not 11pm?

Here is the proud moment-- getting his diploma-- but wait.. open up the folder and there is nothing there! So we will wait 2-6 weeks for it to come in the mail and THEN it will be official! On a side note- this blog was exhausting! is there any way to import more than one picture at a time?

TJ and I try to do something fun for our anniversary that doesnt involve staying home. So this year since he graduated just a couple days before our anniversary I let him choose where we would go on vacation. The original plan was to go to Cancun, but being the slackers that we are, we didnt get our passports intime (thanks to the new travel rules to mexico!!) So TJ chose to go to Boston. We spent the first 2 days there WALKING (10 hours a day, mind you) around the entire city. Walked the entire freedom trail the first day. It was awesome to see all the great historic sites.


Heres some pics of the Old North Church where Paul Revere hung the lanterns. We went to an old grave yard where he was buried. It was so cool to see some of the years people died on the headstones. most were so old you couldn read anything on them, not anything like what you would see in Utah thats only 150+ years old!


Our third day there we went to New Port, RI which is the playground for the rich and famous. The historical preservation society buys up old mansions on the island and gives guided tours to help pay for the upkeep. We went through this 110K square foot summer home that was built by the grandson of the original Vanderbelt. The house took a staff of 20 people to keep it up when the family was here. interesting lifestyle is all i have to say! Note one of my only pictures to prove that i was on this trip. for some reason TJ thought it would be a good idea to get a picture of the back of the house reflecting in my glasses. we were too lazy to walk to the end of the back yard to be able to get the whole house in the shot, so this was his solution! The next day we drove to CT to visit TJ's old stomping grounds from his mission. It was so fun to visit old families that i felt like I already knew from his letters. Everyone there loved him so much that they fought to have him to their houses for the little time that we spent there! TJ drove me around to almost every one of his appartments so it was pretty cool to see where he was for all that time!!
And last but not least.............

TJ finally got his chair from IKEA. No we dont have anywhere to put it except in our bedroom, but after the hours of him and his brother putting it together, and hours of tears on Travis' part (do we see a re-occuring theme with the crying?) I cant really tell him to take it back now can I?
9 comments:
I have been to a lot of states but never Boston. Wayne almost took a job there but, we decided it was really far away from family. I almost worte you could have a baby now, but decided that wouldn't be very nice! (i got it any there hee hee) Love the blog. Love the pics! Congrats to TJ enjoy the next chapter, life only keeps getting better!
Congrats to TJ! That is so fun that you went to Boston. Me and Alisa went for a day an loved it. I am so glad you found me. Hope all is going good for you guys. Glad that you guys have a blog!
well if that baby plug ploy really worked just by my mom alone i would have 5 kids by now! so thanks anyhow. maybe in like a year? we'll see!
Dang! I was trying to be so sly. I want you guys to come to Cali again. What's the latest on the job front? I can't wait for the phone call where you say "we're moving to San Fran!"
Yeah!!! Another one hops on the blogging bandwagon...welcome!!!
Love the pictures. It feels good when your spouse completes all their hard work doesn't it! I went through that! Glad to have found you!
If you send me your email address, I can send you an invite to our blog! my email is:
analyn2001@gmail.com
you can add more than one pic at a time--when you bring up the screen that uploads pics there is something that says upload another pic (or something like that) you can add like 5 at a time.
love the paint and i also love that over the course of like 3 days your blog has become like 10 times more popular than mine.... it must be really cool to have friends
Post a Comment